Ductless Heat Pump Repair and Maintenance
Ask The Ductless Professionals!
Keep Your Ductless Heat Pump Running Like New
Texas HEAT offers an exclusive maintenance program called our Ductless Care Plan. This plan will make maintaining and servicing your ductless heat pump a breeze. When you become a Ductless Care Plan member, you will receive the following:
- One preventative maintenance call per year
- Priority service scheduling over non-plan members
- 15% discount in the event of needed repairs
- A reminder call from our office when it is time for your annual maintenance
- Automatic renewal of membership unless canceled by either party with 30 days’ notice
- $200 discount on any new ductless heat pump purchase
During your annual service visit, our expert technicians:
- Clean the primary filters on the indoor unit
- Remove and clean secondary filters and offer replacements for your purchase, if necessary
- Clean and treat the indoor coils using compressed air, coil brushes, and disinfectant
- Check the balance on the fan motor and blower assembly. Clean and adjust if needed.
- Clean the outdoor unit and remove debris around the unit, on the coil, and in the drain pan to ensure that the drain hole is free from blockage.
- Check the outdoor unit, including:
- Visible indication of refrigerant leaks
- Condition of insulation wraps
- Mounting base for solid, level and secure attachment
- Operating pressures and voltages
- Temperature splits on both indoor and outdoor units at test/max operation
What Are The Benefits of Heat Pump Maintenance?
Like any piece of machinery, ductless heat pump systems benefit significantly from regular maintenance. By getting heat pump tune-ups on a regular basis, you can maximize your unit’s efficiency and minimize your energy bill costs. Finally, heat pump maintenance allows you to prevent possible issues that require inconvenient (and potentially expensive) heat pump repairs or replacement procedures.
How Often Do I Need Heat Pump Maintenance?
Professional system tune-ups should be scheduled at least once a year. As the homeowner, you also have a hand in the annual maintenance of your ductless system by staying on top of cleaning your air filter regularly. Depending on your specific home situation, you should expect to clean the filter anywhere from quarterly to monthly.
HOW LONG DOES HEAT PUMP MAINTENANCE TAKE?
Maintaining your ductless heat pump is neither costly nor time-consuming. Cleaning your own air filters takes just a few minutes, and the professional technicians on our team at Texas HEAT have an organized, efficient approach to completing yearly maintenance. You can expect your maintenance to be completed in a couple of hours at the most so that you can get back to enjoying your day. In the event that deep cleaning is recommended (especially in homes with pets), our technicians may recommend a follow-up visit.
How To Make Your Heat Pump Last?
At Texas HEAT, we are well aware that a ductless heat pump system is a big investment for you and for your family, so maximizing its lifespan is important. Here are five tips to help maintain the health of your heat pump:
- Clean your air filters regularly.
- Schedule annual professional maintenance with our Ductless Care Plan.
- Contact us if you have questions or concerns about whether your system is operating “normally”
- Clean any debris from building up around the outdoor unit.
- If you are in a coastal climate, we suggest rinsing off your outdoor unit every few months to remove saltwater
If you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to discuss your heat pump maintenance needs with you.